Super floss

It sounds rather exciting doesn't it?!

Something that I worried thought about when I initially considered having fixed braces was how on earth am I going to floss my teeth? With all that wire etc you cant just floss like you usually would (you know what I mean!)... Then I was introduced to Super floss.

A photo of a box of oral-B Super Floss

You use this cheeky fellow if you have braces (as cant floss normally as the wire would get in the way) or if you have bridges or wide gapes between teeth. It is made up of three components. A stiffened-end dental floss threader, spongy floss and regular floss. It comes in individual pieces. The way you use this is to poke the end that is stiff through the gap between your teeth, right at the gum line, and then pull the whole piece of floss carefully through.


A photo of a strand of oral-B Super Floss

This was rather tricky initially for me to master. Not only because of how you use it, but because as I have mentioned earlier my teeth were VERY crowded. No gaps at all between them. There used to only be one type of regular dental floss that I could fit between my teeth (sad I know). But I just persevered and after a few weeks of using it, I found that it was easier to get them through. Maybe that's because my teeth had moved sightly, or maybe practice makes perfect.

How have you got on with super floss?

Comments

  1. I used super floss for about the first three months but after that I switched to a simpler type of floss called Plackers Orthopick. It is much easier and much faster. Now instead of spending 20 minutes brushing and flossing, I spend about fifteen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts