Chat with my Dentist

(January 2013)
 
Had my appointment with my dentist. He looked at the four(!!!!) teeth 
that needed to come out (upper R5, upper L5, lower R5, lower L5). I 
asked about being knocked out. Ha. He said they don't do it there at 
my small dental practice but I could go somewhere else and have "an
injection" but I would still be awake and aware of what was going on. 
I was about to choose this but asked if there would be any difficulty 
as my teeth are very crowded (the dentist said they were himself) and 
was there any chance that my other teeth would/could be damaged 
during the extraction procedure? (Seeing as it would be someone I've 
never met before who normally just pulls out bad teeth?!). My dentist 
(who by the way has never done anything with my teeth as he had 
recently taken over from his mum, my lifelong dentist) said there 
was a chance something could go wrong and the teeth were "tight". 
He said, "If I were you I'd let dad do it". His dad was my lifelong 
dentists husband who works part time at the little practice I go to 
and part time in Harley Street, London. He also worked as an oral 
surgeon for a period of time. 
 
So I said yes. What was I thinking! Ahhhh. I asked for some sedation as 
at this point just talking about the whole thing I was shaking like a 
leaf. No really, properly shivering. So they did a prescription for some 
Diazepam (Valium). 2 tablets the night before the procedure, 2 in the 
morning and 2 an hour before I go. Can't believe I had just booked to 
have 4 teeth taken out. ****. Now all I could think about is the time 
being after I'd had the extraction done so I could move forward and 
have the brace on. All systems go. 

Comments

Popular Posts