Smiling In Braces

I was struggling with this the other day.

Smiling in braces.

On one hand I feel a little ashamed that I have braces at twenty-something, and on the other I am just so happy that I am going to get straight teeth soon that will be with me for the rest of my life.

Sometimes I just forget myself and smile naturally. Braces on full show. Then I see myself in a photo and think, woah. Those braces look big and in your face and not very pretty. So recently I have been smiling (well attempting to) with my lips closed, no teeth on show. Just a little smile. I think it looks most like me in photos as this is how I always used to smile for posed photos (because I hated my teeth). 

Well it's actually a lot harder to smile and conceal a fixed ceramic brace. One thing is that the ceramic brackets are a lot bulkier (according to my brother who had metal ones) so stick out further from my teeth. 

And then because of this, it is rather difficult to smile with my mouth open (teeth out!) and still conceal the brace. That is doing so without looking like i have a huge overbite! 

I'm not feeling very confident about my smile at the moment. 

Things seems to be getting worse with how my teeth actually look. But I suppose they will have to, before they get better as this is the time for shuffling them into better areas. My Orthodentist said the making them look super pretty and neat comes later. I have complete faith in him. 

Comments

Popular Posts