My Braces Kit

So... when I first had my braces put on the orthodontic centre gave me a little pouch with things in I might be needing for the foreseeable future. Well I carried it round with me in my handbag for a few weeks, then the items from it somehow just found their way into the bottom of my handbag. 

Well, getting to the point, I can never find these such items that I need and it winds me up so I have been meaning for ages to get a little bag to pop all my brace related bits in. So I thought I would share :)

A photo of my Cath Kidston Purse

The bag is from Cath Kidston. I've looked around all different shops for one that is a suitable size (and flat!) and I just gravitated back to this shop as the designs are lovely, they do lots of different size bags/purses so I thought I would find one the right size and on the plus side the material of this one seems very sturdy and perhaps even waterproof? Here's hoping.


A photo of my Cath Kidston Purse in my Hydrangea Bush
  
A photo of my Cath Kidston Purse containing my essential products for looking after my brace while out and about
 
A photo of my Cath Kidston Purse containing my essential products for looking after my brace while out and about

So in my bag I have:

~ Travel toothbrush (This is actually an orthodontic one that has a V shape cut of the bristles so that it fits better around your brace, amazing!).
~ Travel size tube of toothpaste (Can usually be picked up free from your dentist or orthodontic. Look out for it in the waiting room).
~ Orthodontic brace wax (To protect your cheeks and lips from stray wires and brackets).
~ Pain relief gel (This contains Benzocaine which actually numbs your cheek, gums, face if that's whereabouts you happen to get this bad boy).
~ Bonjela (Soothing gel for when you just need a little bit of relief).
~ Pain killers (You never know when you might need these, especially the few days after an adjustment).

Also perhaps:
~ Tissues (To dry your brackets and wires before putting wax on them. Don't even bother trying to miss this step out, wax + wet = no sticky in placey).
~ Mirror (There is a tiny one in one of the waxes that I got. Just to make sure you have no food etc stuck in your brace).

I think it is going to make it so much easier to care for my braces with all the essentials in one place. And very much looking forward to using my cute Cath Kidston bag.

Comments

  1. That is one pretty bag. It’s really advisable to put all of your dental kits in one bag. It will be less of a hassle for you because you know where exactly to look at. How are your braces, by the way? I hope you’re getting closer to removing it and flaunting your beautiful smile and teeth.

    Candice @ AlpenglowDentist.com (Bountiful)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what people post on blogs but thank you! My 9 year old daughter is about to be fitted for a brace and I'm trying to play it cool but think of all the angles to make day to day life as easy for her as possible. I was going to send her to school with just a brush and paste but your little kit is brilliant ... and she has a cute CK bag this size sat in the wardrobe just waiting for a suitable use. Looks like we've just found it !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts