What's in a name?

Why is this blog called Miss Ali in braces?

The reason I didn't start my blog immediately after beginning my orthodontic treatment was that I couldn't for the life of me think what to call it.  I really wanted to keep a record of my treatment, what had happen, when and what it was likebut then thought why not do it in the form of a blog so other people could see how things were going and what to expect if they were thinking of getting braces or whatnot.

Back to the title of this post. It just suddenly came to me one evening when I was going to sleep and I luckily I wrote it down otherwise this blog might have never actually happened. My Mum and younger brother sometimes call me "Miss Ali". It's a pet name. Ha. My name is Alison, and they have sometimes called me Al or Ali throughout my life. But I think the name Miss Ali is because one of my favourite films is 'Gone with the wind'. In this film a lot of people call the lead heroine "Miss Scarlet". Anyway I quite admire her and her determination to succeed even with everything that is thrown at her, and just generally like the story and some of the nice dresses she wears throughout the film.  The rest is history. 

Comments

Popular Posts