My first night with my retainer

I'm lying in bed. And have just cleaned my teeth and popped in my new lower retainer for the first time.

Obviously my orthodontist tried it on me earlier but it feels very different now I'm on my own. I had to really 'click' it to get it on. And it feels tight! Like when you first have fixed braces put on. The orthodontic nurse said even though I have a fixed bonded retainer attached to the back on my lower 6 teeth, they can still move. And will try to get back to their original positions. Naughty teeth!!

So I must wear my new clear retainer every night when I go to bed. Think this is going to be something to get used to..... I have to wear it every night for at least the first 4 months, then it could possibly be reduced slightly. But the main thing every one that I have spoken to who have had braces themselves said, and said with conviction "wear your retainer!".

So I will.

My retainer looks so small and tiny and dainty in its little orange home.  But when it's in my mouth...it feels ginormous! But then again my brace did initially way back when...

A photo of my removable lower retainer

A photo of my removable lower retainer
Loooooook! You can see my teeth. So straight!

A photo of my removable lower retainer

A photo of my removable lower retainer

UPDATE:

I've had my retainer for 2 weeks now and I have just about gotten used to putting it in every night. Sometimes I get into bed and see the orange case and realise I need to get up to put it in. 

Tightness wise things seem ok. I guess that is a good thing as it hopefully means my teeth haven't moved much.

REALLY looking forward to getting the top brace off now. Can really feel lots of moving around with regard to the top teeth. Hope they are going to be ready on the 14th July to come off! another 2 weeks and 2 days to go! Yay

Comments

Popular Posts