Week 43

Soooooo. We are on to serious wires now. No more mr nice wire. 

My orthodontist really tugged at the wires when he pushed them into my brackets this appointment. He seemed to be moulding the wires to train my teeth where to go. It was painful! And he really struggled to put the new chains on too. 

Oh I learnt something this week. Firstly, to be quite honest with you, I'm not all that interested in looking on the internet at videos of orthodontic work being done as I think I would freak out. So as I've mentioned before, as soon as I lie down in the chair for my appointment I open my mouth and close my eyes. Very tightly. Due to this I do tend to listen more intently as to what my orthodontist is saying to his nurse/assistant. Anywho, this time he talked about spacing chains and another kind, something like gap closing chains. Apparently there are different sorts!! Who'd have known! So that's pretty cool. 

I just hope he's doing more "make them pretty" kind of moving now. He even stood up and looked at my smile the right way round this appointment :D 

He also said late spring/early summer for them to come off. 

Oh, and I need to switch to a manual toothbrush for a month as he said I am still being too lax with my cleaning. And I've been using my bottle brush twice a day! He advised me to use disclosing tablets to ensure I clean properly. Not used those for over 10 years! Oh well. You're never too old for certain things I suppose. 

Here's how I'm doing now:







 Look at my lovely non stained chains!



Seeing my orthodontist again in the new year. Lets hope he is more impressed with my brushing then!

Comments

Popular Posts