Week 34

Another orthodontic visit under my belt. This one went really well. 

No brackets fell off, and it was all over in just a few minutes. 

My orthodontist changed both of my wires. Changed the chains on the bottom teeth, thankfully putting them on before the wire this time around. That's a much easier job. And he also took off the chains on my upper teeth as far as I can see. They are clear after all!

My upper wire on my right side was protruding about a centimetre out past the last bracket by the time I went for my appointment. Meaning, that's how much the gap on that side has closed up in the past 5 weeks. Amazing! 

Well. Anyway, he said that my teeth are moving a lot better than he had anticipated and are coming along nicely :D aaaaaand, that the braces might be able to come off at Easter. As in. April 2014! That's pretty exciting seeing as initially he said 18-24 months and I was expecting 20 as that's how long my younger brothers took to straighten. Well, April would make it 15ish months! Woooop! That would be excellent. Very excited now at the thought of finishing earlier than expected. 

Teeth weren't as sore this time after my adjustments. Even managed to eat dinner without complaining. 

I have metal coloured wires again. I think I actually prefer these now as they aren't quite as in your face (excuse the pun) as the ones I now have. I've got what looks like a pretty hardcore wire going on on my lower teeth this time. But they are a bit behind so maybe that's why. Oh, and my orthodontist explained this time that even though I have chains all along my Lower teeth, they are being used to close the gaps I have my I had the teeth out. There must be a reason for this. Perhaps it's to spread the tension evenly across the teeth. Or to prevent the front ones moving back as he wants the pre molars to come forward to close my gaps. Either way, I don't mind so long as things are doing well and progressing as my orthodontist would like them to. 

Photos update:

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment

A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment



A photo of my teeth 34 weeks into orthodontic treatment
 I think they are looking quite smart now.

Tres excited for Easter! :D

(p.s Sorry this post is so late going up. I went for my appointment on 10.10.13, but since then have started a new job and moved house and haven't had any internet until yesterday!)

Comments

  1. Since not one of us have identical dental situation, you can't tell how yours will go depending on the span of time other people needed for their teeth to align. That's why, it is truly important to meet with your orthodontist regularly to keep track on your progress and development. It's great to hear that your braces will be off sooner than what was anticipated. And please continue looking after your teeth even after the braces are off.
    Lenita @ Dentist4Life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts